Tom,

I've been to Lexington for business on several occasions. It is a beautiful
area and probably has a lot to offer. I've always thought it had the look
of "money".

Lots of limestone from a geology standpoint...also my good friend John
Curchin gave me a wonderful shattercone that came from Kentucky...I forget
what the name of the impact structure that is there...Middlesburg or
Middlesboro maybe?

The other thing that stands out for me when I've been to the Lexington area
is the number of dry counties around that area. I'm not a big drinker...but
it sure is a bummer when a fellow can't find a simple beer after a long day
at work. It took me awhile to figure out why you could see a 1/2 dozen
beer/liquor stores in one spot until I learned about the meaning of "going up
to the county line for a snort". Yet, in those same counties if someone
wanted to smoke his brains out with tobacco...he could find a shop around
every other corner...peculiar thinking??

Congratulations on your job offer...hope all goes well if you decide to go.

John