[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
After having run the gamut of everything from "one specimen of every
find/fall" to "I quit this hobby" I think I have settled on a few collecting
specialties
Sounds familiar  -  I started out trying to collect a tidbit of virtually everything, eventually realizing that that is overwhelming and thus self-defeating.  I think the temptation for new collectors (at least it was for me) is to lean too much toward quantity-collecting rather than quality, rather like when I was also an inexperienced traveler, trying to see 15 countries in 14 days rather than doing a few locations thoroughly.  I would now much rather acquire one old historic fall than a couple of dozen "just-another-L6-or-H5-that-all-look-alike" specimens.  These days, I'm thinning out my collection a bit (on the dreaded ebay) and trying to concentrate on:

(1) pre-20th Century falls, especially those with historic significance, and
(2) lunar or Martian, and
(3) stuff that's just really, really pretty, and
(4) anything out-of-the-ordinary, either by virtue of a story or family-birthdate or looks-like-an-animal or iron-with-a-hole or that sort of thing.

Speaking of "looks-like-an-animal" here's my Imilac rabbit....;-)

http://members.aol.com/sharkkb8/imilacrabbit.jpg

Gregory

J. Gregory Wilson
2118 Wilshire Blvd. #918