Thanks for all the clarifications. This is why I love this list J

Bernhard

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of N Lehrman
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 8:13 PM
To: Bernhard "Rendelius" Rems; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Now: Is this really a fulgurite (Picture link)

Bernhard,

Pretty doubtful.  The key feature you will see on all fulgurites is a definite glass lining.  The external surface is commonly variably fused sand.  Your specimen looks like limonite/goethite (check the streak).  If it's FeOx and lacks a glassy core, it's not a fulgurite.

Norm Lehrman

(TektiteSource.com)