Hi,

itīs from Finland, from the collection of the geologigal museum
of Helsinki University. At the moment the main collection is
located in the natural history museum of Finland;

http://www.fmnh.helsinki.fi/english/exhibitions/mineralcabinet/index.htm

Ost. = bought from v. Schilling...

If you can send to me a scan of the card, I may say more. You
can also contact the curator of the museum,  Prof. M. Lehtinen;

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

best,

pekka s

Alan Gayda wrote:

Hi list,
I came across this Meteorite Specimen Card in my collection and would like
any info anyone could give.  I am not sure what language it is in.

The Card reads-   Helsingin Yliopisto Kivimuseo
                 A3730
                 Imilac  42g
                 Antofagasta, CHILE.Pallasiitti.
                 Ost.v.Schilling 1923.PAL.

There is also a handwritten card that says Atacoma Bolivia with the same
A3730 Number written in red ink. Then there are two words that I cannot
read with a date of 1827 and weight of 41.76 written on the bottom in
pencil.

Any thoughts?

Alan

Pekka Savolainen Jokiharjuntie 4 FIN-71330 Rasala FINLAND

+ 358 400 818 912

Group Home Page: http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/eurocoin
Group Email Address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]