Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2005 11:35 AM
Subject: [meteorite-list] Re: THE ART OF PHOTOGRAPHING

Hi Dave and list, One problem I have is the darn flash!  I get everything
set up just right, take the picture and all I get is a big glare where the
flash hit. Of coarse the obvious solution is to turn off the flash, but then
the pics are to dark. So, get some other light source, the sun maybe, well
then your fighting trying to get the right angles, then I get shadows, and
the light shining on the screen so you can't see if your focused or not. I
probably take 20 pics to get one or two good ones, then back out to try
again.  I have actually given up on taking pics of some specimens after 40
or more tries, just can't seem to get it.
 Any suggestions?