Hello list,

(Subliminal Message: I like thin sections)

Jim Strope noted: "Why bother dreaming about ALH84001 when you can have the next best thing.......NWA 998 ( http://www.nwa998.com/ ):"

(Subliminal Message: Thin sections are fun to collect)

Bernd replied: "It's a meteorite that will leave you breathless and the 16x thin section picture I took under crossed polars rivals the colors you see when viewing ureilites, angrites, acapulcoites, and other achondritic beauties with polars crossed."

(Subliminal Message: I want to collect Thin sections.)

NWA 998 is one of my favorite meteorite thin sections. (It was my favorite, but now I think I like my D'Orbigney better.) A few old and not that great photographs of the meteorite thin section can be seen here.

http://www.meteoritearticles.com/colnwa998.html

(Subliminal Message: I am going to buy Thin sections.)

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com