Hi, Kevin,

   There are various transcriptions from the Arabic,
including Hadid and Um-Hadid. It os often listed as
one of the Wabar craters:
   "Um-Hadid  0.01 km. Mentioned in CoM 1985:
"...found in region of the Wabar crater." Silica glass
and weathered fragments of iron meteorites (largest
1kg) found. Coordinates give in CoM: 21°30'N, 50°40'E
approximately.
See F. El-Baz and A. El Goresy, Meteoritics, vol.6, p.265, 1971."

ARN says:
Rub'al Khali, Saudi Arabia
Found
Stony-iron.  Mesosiderite (MES).
Oxidized fragments up to 1kg in weight were found associated with
a crater 10 metres in diameter 15.4kg collected .

And so forth. It's not well-documented.

Try Googling Um-Hadid.

Sterling K. Webb
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Forbes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>