stupid question: can the brenham fall actually be two falls. could it have been several large stones traveling in a group, one caught by earth at one time and the second one caught on a later pass? or is it too highly coincidental that they both landed in kansas in the same area that makes this impossible? thanks for indulging my ignorance. take care
susan patton

----- Original Message ----- From: "E.P. Grondine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Gerald Flaherty" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 8:49 AM
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Even more of that darned Brenham

Hi all -

It is possible that the Brenham impact is related to
the Five Nations' tradition of the Flying Heads
(Whirlwinds), but a problem here is that this
tradition is reliably (by wampum bead count) dated to
200-250 CE, while the one radio carbon date given for
Brenham is 47 BCE.

If you find any organic remains while digging up the
pieces there, please document them exactly and store
them in plastic baggies.

happy hunting,
EP

--- Gerald Flaherty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Boy if this keeps up maybe I'll be able to afford a
nice slice of a Brenham
Pallasite
Jerry Flaherty
----- Original Message ----- From: "Darren Garrison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>