To: <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 4:15 AM
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Astronomers Lean Toward Eight Planets

--- "Sterling K. Webb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
 I look at
Earth's surface and
it's mostly dirt, so the planet Earth is mostly made
of dirt, right?

I know it's pedantic but waterball would be a better
analogy. ~70% surface is water (not dirt) but there
really isn't much of it on earth as a whole.

I agree with your sentiments Sterling. I particularly
thought "Hmm, they're NEVER gonna call them
frigospheres. titter".
Although I am pro 8 I agree that suddenly demoting
Pluto may end up making everyone look silly. As
someone else pointed out, in 100 years, nobody's going
to cae what we call them.
I suspect that in 100 years I won't care either.
Somehow I doubt that science can make me live to 140
when it cannot properly decide what a planet is!

Can't we just ignore the problem? Maybe it'll go away!