eh... > whether you want to consider this European is a matter of taste

if I count Campo as a North American meteorite,
is it a matter of taste? ;-)

Marjalahti is a finnish one, now counted as russian in
cataloques, in some reason. If you move the borders
after the fall, it doesn´t mean, you also move the
falls, Marjalahti stays as a finnish (and european) one ;-

best,

pekka s

tracy latimer kirjoitti:
To this I can add:
Lipovsky, Volgograd, Russia
although whether you want to consider this European is a matter of taste. There is a delightful list in Meteorites A to Z which is pallasite-comprehensive up through about 2003.

The new(ish) pallasites, with the exception of Hambleton, have all been non-European.

Tracy Latimer

 > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 > To: meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com
 > Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 22:28:06 +0200
 > Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] European pallasites
 >
 > It depends on what Europe is for you....
 >
 > - Brahin, Belorus
 > - Mineo, Italy
 > - Finmarken, Norway
 > - Marburg, Germany
 > - Barcis, Italy
 > - Hambleton, England
 >
 > ( - Krasjonarsk,
 > - Omolon,
 > -Seymchan,
 > -Pallasovka, all Russia, are quite Asian).
 >
 > Privjet!

Solar Gems
Pekka Savolainen
Jokiharjuntie 4