Beautiful eclipse here in Savannah, GA. Intermittent clouds but mostly clear and crisp. I am observing through a 120mm f8.3 refractor at low (40x) power and the moon is an outstanding sight. With no central obstruction in the refractor I initially had use use a polarizing filter to cut the brightness and the sky background is inkey black. The ruddy color you see is caused by continuous sunrises and sunsets as sunlight is refracted through the Earth's atmosphere.

For an added treat, the bright "star" trailing (toward the east) the moon is the planet Saturn.

Beautiful sight.

-Walter Branch