Hi Doug,

What about Tagish Lake?

-Walter Branch
________________________
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 6:33 AM
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] what is the most primitve meteorite? or do we even know?

Hi L.A., Listees,

Just the white powdery "CAI" material which represents a small fraction of Allende is the old snuff ...

There are probably other carbonaceous chondrites of types similar to the "age" of Allende from the recent vast harvest of the deserts ... but I think scientists have a hard time splitting the hairs of the first couple of million years when they are just dealing with excess concretes that never were cleaned during the construction of this whole cool neighborhood of the Sun we live in.

Bjurbole is a standard and older than the hills of the Solar Sytem, as well ... at least a standard to judge others: the oldies must all be aroound 4,566,500,000 years old. or maybe a million more.

Telling the age of a meteorite is kind of challenging since they are heterogenious. For example, a person is born and grows based on an initial splitting of some strands of DNA. But if someone analyzed the ends of your hair, the might find you older than all the men on the list except Bob Haag and Ken (?), and Michael C. So how many inclusions floating out there in places no one expects, I couldn't guess ... that are older than old.

Then, several listmembers may be older and know better,

Best wishes and nice to see you posting,
Doug