Not "any human"... it's the "human race" and as a specie I think we had more than 53 reproductions last year. You know, there are more than 6.7 billions of us now. Every reproduction is mixing genes from two different individuals. That is how you speed up evolution by inventing sex.

"the .25 to .5 inch KT boundry material with thousands of layers may represent hundreds millions of years"

No!

Not all species were extinct, just a lot of them. And the fact that we are here now just 65 million years later plainly disproves that it would represent "hundreds millions of years". We don't need to count layers or sediment thickness. Just read the radioactive decay clocks and you will have the age. You are throwing out numbers that is plain wrong again.

/Göran

Steve Dunklee wrote:
gee when was the last time any human had 53 reproductions in one year? even the swine
flue and  other organisms have only recorded viable changes in genome " and im realy
just guessing here" since it only covers germs that cause sicknesses. of about once
every three months. there is something else going on for a recoverey from an exstinction
event from the KT boundry  to occure in only 65 million years.
   The material above and below the KT boundry is layered with tectonic events
that are about an inch to 3 inches thick. the boundry material has layers
between 1 and 4 thousandths of an inch. If we use the amount of layers rather
than the thickness of the material to measure the elapsed time. then the
recovery time from the extinction event to the time when the reefs recovered
again was was a lot longer than the growth rate of limestone from a reef.
   the .25 to .5 inch KT boundry material with thousands of layers may
represent hundreds millions of years, before life returned again on earth. if
what happens today is any indication of the past, then life recovered on land,
a long time  before the ancient ocean reefs started to deposit limestone
agaain. giving plenty of time for the vast diversity of genetic material in
land animals .
have a great day
Steve