Dear List,

With an abyss in my stomach and many tears for a beautiful Country in the year of its both its proud centennial of the Revolution and Bicentennial of Independence, I would like to express my condolences for the adventurous soul who is likely no longer with us after going to the Allende to search for meteorites. His truck was found but not him and the circumstances are suspicious. If you are missing someone and suspect they may be there please follow up, as the outlook sounds grim and with luck they may need help. The rural strewn field has murders almost common now - several monthly I believe, including maiming/decapitations in the last year or so, plus kidnappings and many other unsavory incidents. This isn't meant to be a warning, just a statement of fact. I hope everyone takes it to heart and what prompted me to post turns out to be a false alarm. But it sure doesn't sound like it. He is apparently a foreigner. Godspeed.
Doug