Aubrey,

Keep working on your book, I'm sure there is a lot of interest in the subject,
especially for a source takes all the best research out there and puts it
together in a interesting and unified narrative.

Question:

> Oblique impacts and those impacting silica rich sedimentary rock favor
> tektite production. Tektites are melted and distally ejected terrestrial
> rock.

I had not heard that Oblique impacts favor tektite production, in fact I
thought that high velocity perpendicular impacts favored the vaporized ejecta
plume reaching outside the earth's atmosphere.  Could you elaborate on the
evidence favoring oblique impacts, or provide a link to any research on the
topic?

Thanks,

Mike Fowler
Chicago