Hi Karel

Thank for your fast info.
Currently my time is very limited and I do not work on mico stuff in the
first place, so I am sorry but I probably won't have the time to help
out here.
The reason I looked at the externalize service was that we encountered
problems to serialize mico objects in the server when a QT application
is the client. (See my other posts on the list). I am not an mico /
CORBA expert but I thought externalizing is a service that does
serializing as well and I just wanted to give it a short try...
I have a student working on that serializing problem. I just wanted to
be able to give him some more hints to look for because he still could
not solve the problem.

Sorry that I currently can not help out.

Andreas