Thanks for replying,
I have Visual C++ 9.0, but I found the problem. It was a pretty easy fix.
Forgot to post the solution. Slipped my mind.

It was a combination of:
1) The project settings kept pointing to the old IDL (of 2.3.5).
2) The custom build path in the project settings was corrupted from the
upgrade to VS2008.
3) The IDL generates a name.cpp and a name.h. In the old IDL (2.3.5), the
cpp file was generated with the line:

#include "name.h"

The new IDL (2.3.13) generates a cpp file with the line:

#include <name.h>

Because of the change of brackets, I had to include an extra directory
(since < > checks environment and not dir of cpp).

Not sure why I didn't catch it earlier.
Thanks again