On Apr 14, 2006, at 12:42 AM, Chris Messina wrote:

I disagree, but then I've always been a fan of DLs. The problem that I
loosely pairing a speaker and what they've said. I don't know of any
way to closely couple the two.

At least with DT and DD there's a clear correlation for the speaker
with her/his words:

speaker 1:
    something that speaker 1 said
speaker 2:
    something that speaker 2 said

Thats why you use a list:
<ol>
</ol>

Which has a very nice default rendering.