I've been following this thread with some interest, and I have a question: what is the ideal amount of human interface with machine- readable content (when different from human-readable content) in microformats? In visual browsers, the current common interface is a minimal readability of machine-readable content only while a cursor is hovering over the <abbr>. Is this middle ground between full readability (e.g. <span class="dtstart">2007-05-10 23:30:00-06:00</ span>) and zero readability (e.g. external RDF) a goal, or an unintended side effect of using <abbr>? If the latter, I think we should probably focus on potential solutions that would remove this kind of exceptional not-for-human-consumption machine-readable content from both aural and visual browsers. And if the former, we should focus on solutions which simply improve the interface of such content. But I'm not clear on what the goal is here.

Peace,
Scott