On 8/29/07, Ciaran McNulty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 2. Thinking of places to link to to add rel-tag links is problematic -
> at the moment I suspect people will err on the side of not using
> rel-tag

-- this has also been noted when some resume services let you add more
free-text than simple 1-2 word terms. Can you document your
experiences here:

http://microformats.org/wiki/hresume-issues
http://microformats.org/wiki/hresume-brainstorming

> 3. A very common element in CVs is a list of skills and years
> experience with that skill.

--- if this is common can you please add examples to the wiki? Maybe
it was missed or omitted for some reason:

http://microformats.org/wiki/resume-brainstorming#Examples_Analysis

> Current skill markup is rel-tag which
> doesn't encapsulate this, so it may be an area to look at.

--- there has been a discussion of skill areas, but not really the
number or grading of a skill. This can be problematics, people who
have been driving for 70+ years have more experience, but are not
always better. Same would go for a 4 of 5 rating. These ratings (by
years or rating) are abritary to the individual. I know some listings
say "3-5 years experience" i am assuming that is the use-case for
dating skills?

You could experiment with tagging and adding skills to an experience
event. vevents can take "categoies" which can be rel-tags. So if i had
a skill in 2001, then you could deduce date()-2001= years with skill.
You can always use POSH markup at the moment too.

> 4. I've seen this discussed before without resolution - there doesn't
> seem to be a way of marking up 'the present' as a finish date for an
> experience vevent.

as Ted said "Just leave out the dtend and you should be all set."

i didnĀ“t see this on the FAQ page, so please add this with an answer.
http://microformats.org/wiki/hresume-faq

Then others can iterate on it as needed.

thanks,
-brian

--
brian suda