Somebody claiming to be Derrick Pallas wrote:
Notice that they have an itemscope in HTML5, something many people talked about on microformats.org for years. A few years ago it was brought up on a regular basis by newcomers, about twice a year; said newcomers were then driven out of the community.

You still seem to be here :)

I remember the itemscope thing coming up. Consensus seemed to be that is solved by root class names, but that was so long ago I forget. I assume that people created wiki pages documenting this? If not, why not? Microformats.org is a wiki first, and the mailing lists and IRC just facilitate the wiki. IMHO, if it's not documented on the wiki, then it's just a discussion.

Anyway :)

--
Stephen Paul Weber, @singpolyma
See <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted