In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Scott Reynen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

On Oct 13, 2007, at 10:13 AM, Andy Mabbett wrote:

I think we should resolve the abbr-accessibility "elephant in the room",
once and for all, before introducing any new mis-uses of abbr. After
all, it was identified over a year ago...

And it could easily go unresolved for another year.

It could well do. For shame.

Can anyone here give an undertaking not to loose their sight, during that time? Does everyone here think disability only happens to other people?

Any resolution to abbr problems can be applied to hAudio in the future just as easily as every other microformat already using abbr.

Yeah, who cares about cripples. What are they doing using our web, anyway? Let 'em wait.

That shouldn't slow down hAudio progress. In this case, someone wrote "P268T" as a long form of "4:46", when it should have been "P286T". Typo aside, that follows established microformat use of <abbr> and ISO 8601.

I didn't even notice the typo; "4:46", in plain English, is no more an abbreviation of "P286T" than it is of "P268T".

--
Andy Mabbett