In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Martin McEvoy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

TRACK in the way Some on the list mean it is current popular slang for
what is a composition or a song the stuff you actually hear through your
speakers or read about on the Internet, very nice in your retro 50s to
80s world when you were buying the latest groovy track by Cliff Richard
but... the world has moved on

Apparently not, according to the evidence presented.

what will a track be in the near future?
To me as non-existent as Vinyl and CD's

Your personal hypothesis of some future development carries no weight.

If we are going to use Slang to mark up hAudio why not class="choon" its
as good a word as any?

Do we have any evidence that people, in the wild, are using "choon" to refer to individual pieces of music, on their web pages? No.

Do we have any evidence that people, in the wild, are using "track" to refer to individual pieces of music, on their web pages? Yes.

all I have to go on is the Field definition on the wiki
http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-info-proposal#Track
and the principles of designing microformats
http://microformats.org/wiki/principles

and the evidence.

[...]
>a container that means nothing