S5 is an HTML-based slideshow system introduced by Eric Meyer (with help of several other people, including Tantek) back in 2006:

http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/s5/

The basic idea is markup like <div class="presentation"> and <div class="slide"> are read by JavaScript and converted into a usable slideshow. There are several implementations of S5, but no active coordination today. Meanwhile slideshow hosting sites, like Scribd, are moving away from Flash and towards HTML as a publishing format:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/30964170/Scribd-in-HTML5

The S5 project is in the public domain, and I think it would be valuable to have a central organization coordinating documentation, implementations, and potential changes to S5. As I'm sure you've already guessed, I think microformats.org would be a good place to do that. Thoughts?

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com