Definitely no need to apologize -- I really haven't explained very well.

We have some real-world data feeds that work on slightly different
timescales -- some are daily reports, archived for a relatively long time
remotely (but copied to campus daily), some are updated & polled every
minute, and cache for a few days remotely, while another can be polled
every minute or so, but only "current" data is ever available.

On our side, it is very useful to have deep histories available, so that
folks can, say, get at a certain day or month of data from a day of
interest in the past. Another application requires very-current data only,
and doesn't care about anything more than a coup,e of minutes old.

"Bag of Holding" was a d&d reference -- a magical bag whose inside is much
bigger than its outside. (Like a TARDIS.)

I should have written "rsync -av" in which files are never deleted from the
destination. Anything new in the source gets copied to the destination, but
he destination copy stays even if the source file disappears.

This data usually comes in on Linux systems, but I did copy a big chunk
over to a Mac to get to bDrive.

-Greg

Envoyé avec Gmail Mobile