I will wait for Zayyad and actual users to respond.

In my mind this is a functional limitation we are imposing based on our
design.

-          In a large MFI (with say 500k customers or so), we will be forced
to create 500k current accounts just to collect a client level fees, which I
feel is unnecessary

-          In future, I can see a client onboarding workflow being
implemented in Mifos. This could involve steps like:

o   Client application

o   Client Training on Group methodology and liabilities

o   Group test

o   Credit Verification etc.

So, the client may get rejected at any of these steps and never become an
active client. And if the MFI wants to charge a client level upfront
processing fees - how will we do this?

-          Home loans typically have a processing charge, which is
applicable even if the loan application is rejected. In a normal bank, the
home loan client need not have any other bank account to apply for a home
loan.

Thanks
Binny