From: "Butch Evans" <but...@butchevans.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2010 2:57 PM
To: "Mikrotik discussions" <mikrotik@mail.butchevans.com>
Subject: Re: [Mikrotik] OSPF over PPtP link

On Wed, 2010-11-24 at 09:23 -0600, John Babineaux wrote:
> I know there is a way to propagate OSPF over the link or atleast not shut

> off that side of the network.

John,
I was supposed to send this to you directly, but here is even better.
Here are the steps. First, assume the following network (forgive the
poor ascii artwork):

pvt 10.0.0.0/16 (RTR1)12.12.12.12<-->13.13.13.13(RTR2) pvt 10.1.0.0/16

I am assuming that both RTR1 and RTR2 are sharing OSPF with the rest of
their private lan segments and have redistribute-default turned on
(which is the source of your problem). We will first build a tunnel
between RTR1 and RTR2 and assign IP space as follows:

RTR1 is the "server" and has the user secret for RTR2 set with
local-address as 172.16.0.1 and remote-address as 172.16.0.2, which
means that if you look at RTR1 ip addresses (when the tunnel is
connected), you will see:

IP: 172.16.0.1 BROADCAST: 172.16.0.2

On RTR2, you will see:
IP: 172.16.0.2 BROADCAST: 172.16.0.1

On RTR1, you need to add the broadcast address as a "network" in OSPF
like this:

/routing ospf network
add network=172.16.0.2 area=backbone

RTR2 would have:
/routing ospf network
add network=172.16.0.1 area=backbone

The problem is that these 2 routers would share routes that you do NOT
want to see. SO, you can just filter the routes you will insert from
OSPF on these 2 routers like this:

/routing filter
add action=accept chain=ospf-in comment="Allow 10.x" disabled=no \
prefix=10.0.0.0/8 prefix-length=8-32
add action=discard chain=ospf-in disabled=no invert-match=no

These rules would cause OSPF to ONLY accept routes in the 10.x.x.x range
from ANY router in the OSPF network. You would, of course, add the
specific network ranges that you want to accept from either side. Your
filter may (or may not) be different on the two routers.

While this is not a 100% tutorial, hopefully, it will be enough to get
you going.

Visit http://blog.butchevans.com/ for tutorials related to Mikrotik
RouterOS