I've MikTeX installed for a single user in my PC (windows10). In this case, miktex doesn't distinguish between user and admin. I've only one package manager, one miktex-update and one miktex-settings.

Ignasi

El 14/11/2017 a les 11:37, Mau V via MiKTeX-Users ha escrit:
I just ask for a confirmation.
I have Miktex 2.9 installed as administrator on my PC running win10.
My University will no longer allow me to have admin rights on my PC but just rights as
"poweruser" ( I am the ONLY user of my PC, in reality). It is just a change of
policy, don't ask me about that....

Thus, my MikTeX is still working but I cannot upgrade packages etc. (unless I
ask the admin to do that for me, of course....), or so it seems to me, when I
try.

My idea would be to ask for MikTeX to be unistalled and then reinstalled only
for my username.
Under such conditions, could I be 100% sure that I would be able  to regularly
upgrade my MikTeX installation, edit the config file for map of new fonts, with
lines such as...

initexmf --edit-config-file updmap
etc.

without asking the technician who has admin rights to do that for me?

I think so, but I want to be 100% sure....
ThanksMaurizio

---
Aquest correu electrònic s'ha verificat mitjançant l'Avast antivirus.