I just upgraded to build 6643. On my 32-bit computer there was not problem.
On my 64-bit laptop (where until I was using the 32-bit version), pdflatex
and bibtex can't find files that actually exist where they are supposed to
be:

\includegraphics[width=.2\textwidth]{../by-sa.png}
LaTeX Warning: File `../by-sa.png' not found on input line 66.

\bibliography{compass}
I couldn't open database file compass.bib

Very weirdly...I have versions of my document in two languages (english,
hebrew). The bug only appears in the English version; in the Hebrew
version, there is no problem:

Administrator/AppData/Local/MiKTeX/2.9/pdftex/config/pdftex.map}
<../by-sa.png>

Database file #1: compass.bib

Moti