Ruben Van Boxem wrote:
> 2011/7/10 Earnie <ear...@users.sourceforge.net>
>
>> PcX wrote:
>>> 于 2011/7/10 1:55, Ruben Van Boxem 写道:
>>>
>>> Sometimes, on msys, if your source directory and build directory
>>> is different, the "some file does not exit" error will appear. I
>>> don't know this reason. So if I build gcc on msys, I will build
>>> in the source directory. For a long time, this method make the
>>> build stage easy.
>>>

>> Hmm, why would that be.  I didn't think it was possible to build in
>> the source directory for the GCC package, when did it change?  It
>> is also advised to build in a separate build directory instead of
>> the source directory so if this is reproducibly true then a bug
>> report needs to be open for MSYS giving the details of how to
>> reproduce it.
>>

> I have submitted a bug report here:
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=102435&aid=3361858&group_id=2435

with the exact steps I took to reproduce this problem last time. I
> understand the "build scripts" are a big "unknown" here, but they
> work fine on Linux and do what they should under proper Bash. I
> should try to run them under Cygwin just to check, but I'm not strong
> on Cygwin stuff. I'll update the report when I've tried that.

The difference with Cygwin is it doesn't convert the paths to give to a
native GCC which is where this is failing.  The path in the error
message is definitely a POSIX path and not a WINDOWS path.  Also with
Cygwin it is setup as a cross build so no paths need to be converted so
I'm guessing you'll find that it works.

Earnie