Hi,

I’ve released mksh R55 earlier today. Please do review the packager’s
changelog http://www.mirbsd.org/mksh.htm#p55 and the user-visible
changes http://www.mirbsd.org/mksh.htm#c55 if not the full changelog
http://www.mirbsd.org/mksh.htm#r55 and consider looking at the changes
other packaging did (e.g. to keep lksh feature-parity):

http://www.mirbsd.org/cvs.cgi/ports/shells/mksh/Makefile.diff?r1=1.83;r2=1.84

https://evolvis.org/plugins/scmgit/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=useful-scripts/wtf-mksh.git;a=tree;f=debian;h=af2960aff5d580b6e29a111ed5b1dec0708b14a2;hb=HEAD

(also consider the updated .mkshrc and uhr)

Special thanks to KO Myung-Hun for mksh-os2, which is fully merged
(with the new Build.sh option -T to enable “textmode”, i.e. the
CR+LF-as-newline processing which his mksh-os2 binaries always
had, without -T defaulting to Unix newline-only in order to stay
compatible to mksh on Unix) and our mailing list members, most
prominently Martijn Dekker and Jean Delvare, who provided useful
input and the occasional patch.

Debian users will find the updated mksh in the “experimental”
distribution due to the freeze, or, as usual, in my “WTF” repo.

Users of operating systems supported by the OpenSuSE buildservice
find in home:mirabile/mksh binary packages as usual; if there’s a
distro missing, tell me.

Other distributions have their own packaging and are expected to
upgrade to the new version soon.

Of special note is that delta(mksh, lksh) and delta(normal, set
-o posix, set -o sh) are now documented completely in the manual
pages, and that the lksh catmanpages (in all formats) are linked
from the webpage http://www.mirbsd.org/mksh.htm now.

I’ll likely do an R55b collecting bugfixes for issues that will
come to light after many people use this release (as they are
not easy to find otherwise), and possibly fixes for some bugs
that have been in my ~/TODO for longer.

Thank you for your interest in mksh,
//mirabilos
PS: No easter eggs, as far as I’m concerned.
--
18:47⎜<mirabilos:#!/bin/mksh> well channels… you see, I see everything in the
same window anyway      18:48⎜<xpt:#!/bin/mksh> i know, you have some kind of