G.raud Meyer dixit:

>First one should know what is the correct behaviour.  The feature of
[…]
>Before a patch fixing the strange case of a "successful but temporarily
>stopped job has failed" it would be good to document the feature (and
>the bug, if it is one).

I honestly don’t know.

It is desirable to be able to change all sorts of terminal state
with stty, so *some* not-resetting and/or saving is desirable.
On the other hand, the editor needs a certain state, too.

Basically, we need to not break the scenarios:

$ stty something; some other command
$ ← back to the line editor

(fully)

$ stty something
$ some other command ← back to the line editor

(partially? OTOH the line editor can cope with a LOT of states)

We also want the line editor to work.

It gets more complicated when backgrounded jobs come
into play. As I said, I honestly have absolutely no
idea…

Comparing this with, say, the last pdksh release,
would be a start: did it do the exact same thing,
and, if not, why the differences.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Solange man keine schmutzigen Tricks macht, und ich meine *wirklich*
schmutzige Tricks, wie bei einer doppelt verketteten Liste beide