Mingye Wang dixit:

>Mksh is unable to handle Unicode characters that are not in the BMP

(It’s “mksh”, lowercase ‘m’.)

Only short because I’m in a meeting: yes, and this is deliberate at
the moment, because mksh is the shell of MirBSD which uses 16-bit
Unicode.

I noticed the interactive problem, and will consider various changes,
but nothing in the short term.

This isn’t a packaging bug, so I’ll probably close this, but we can
discuss this upstream.

\U isn’t implemented at all anyway, just \u.

bye,
//mirabilos (mksh upstream AND Debian maintainer)
--
22:20⎜<asarch> The crazy that persists in his craziness becomes a master
22:21⎜<asarch> And the distance between the craziness and geniality is