Steffen Nurpmeso via austin-group-l at The Open Group dixit:

> |This is because m4.opengroup.org runs qmail, the arsehole under the MTAs,
> |which auto-converted the mail from quoted-printable to 8bit, sending it
> |as 8bit even to MTAs that don't offer 8BITMIME (I configured my sendmail
> |not to do that as well, so I got the same truncated mail back :( other
> |than qmail, exim is known to break the MIME and SMTP standards like that).
>
>Naaah, not true Thorsten.  At least this time.

This one *is* correct, as I got the broken message back as well.
It contains an embedded NUL.

But apparently, this was not the cause of J�rg’s problem ☻

>Related to my MUA.
[…]
>I have been able to save the mail as file and to run iconv(1) on the content.

oic

>Maybe a problem is that the first missing line is a line with a character that
>is not part of ISO-8859-1

Yes, of course, I have been writing in UTF-8 for a while.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
[00:02] <Vutral> gecko: benutzt du emacs ?
[00:03] <gecko> nö          [00:03] <gecko> nur n normalen mac