Subject: Incorrect MIME Types set on Mirrors
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 07:13:42 -0800
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: docs@httpd.apache.org

Hi,

Not sure who to report this to, so thought I would start with the
authors of the mirror page.

Several of your mirrors are using text/plain mime types on .msi
installer files. This causes Mozilla, Netscape 6/7, and other Gecko
based browsers to display the content rather than download it when
clicking on the link.

For example, epix.net, tux.org and ibiblio.org are configured
incorrectly as text/plain. They should report application/octet-stream.

Can you pass the word to your mirror admins and ask them to configure
the mime types on all their content correctly?

Thanks,
Bob