>>> Maslan 10-Jul-05 08:16 >>>
>
> On 7/10/05, Maslan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Pain let u learn more, besides i've some extra time. i used to make
> > my own LFS, and i missing this in BSD.
> > but what things i should consifer when trying so.
> > the compiler are almost the same gcc.

"Almost the same"?

Have a look at gcc-local(1)*.  There are lots of differences between
stock gcc and what we use on OpenBSD.  Several people have put a lot
of work in here.  OpenBSD is an entire operating system, designed to
be built on OpenBSD - and not even cross-compiled on a different
processor architecture of the same operating system.

You may get small bits compiled, but you will find it very difficult
to compile the whole system, and there will be subtle bugs that will
take hours to track down.

> > and most of utils are so.
> > so where is the problem.

"I have this engine - it came out of a Ferrari, so it's really good,
and I want to use it - and a Ford Escort that I am really enjoy driving,
even though it is 10 years old and the gears stick.  How can I fit the
new engine into the Ford?  It's just a car and an engine.  Where is the
problem?"

Tom

*
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=gcc-local&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=OpenBSD+Current&arch=i386&format=html