On Saturday 20 of August 2005 12:38, Rogier Krieger wrote:
> On 8/20/05, viq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Actually, I had to log in as root a few times, to build some of the
> > ports. Well, maybe not _HAD_ to, but i didn't really know how to
> > otherwise allow user to use more RAM just for the build.
>
> How about using the -c option to sudo(8)? It allows you to specify the
> login class limiting the command you want to run.

hmm, 'sudo -c builders make build', nice. But... I am already member of class
'staff', which in login.conf is described:

staff:\
        :datasize-cur=75M:\
        :datasize-max=infinity:\
        :maxproc-max=256:\
        :maxproc-cur=128:\
        :ignorenologin:\
        :requirehome@:\
        :tc=default:

>From that i would think that i am allowed as much memory as i need... Though
it seems i am mistaken about this. I was pointed off-list at csh's 'unlimit
datasize' command, and following that trace found ksh's equivalent, ulimit.
So that becomes 'sudo ulimit -d unlimited' - which just gives me "sudo:
ulimit: command not found". Not as easy as i thought it could be :P

Thank you very much for the pointers, now i know where to look, and it didn't
feel right having to be root to build things ;)

viq

Najwiekszy MOTO-serwis w Polsce >>> http://link.interia.pl/f18a9