> I can return the card easily enough, but there has been some
> discussion previously of removing non-working cards from the ath(4)
> man page.  Has anyone gotten this card to work properly?  Should it
> also be removed from http://www.openbsd.org/i386.html ?

No, no, no.

Newer versions of chipsets come out.  Vendors use the chipsets without
changing the product name.  We can do nothing about this.  In the end,
with the direction you are going, our manual pages would say:

        Some devices work with this driver.

Right now the situation is more correct.

The problem you are really having is a financial one.  Someone has
your money, and has given you a device that has a new chip in it.
Return it.  This problem has nothing to do with the limited abilities
that OpenBSD has to track vendors who change their chips revisions
whenever they feel like it.  In fact, sometimes I wonder why we have
an Atheros driver at all, considering that Atheros has not gotten any
less evil.  Still no docs.  And still that push for binary drivers.