Hi Everyone,

I am using OpenBSD and the great pf in a production environment.

I want to be able to use vlan and carp at the same time.

I have two firewalls. These two boxes are responsible for a number of subnet.
I want to have a number of vlan defined on the openbsd to feed my Distribution
Switch. Now I can do it, but only on the physical interface so I loose the
redundancy.

On a cisco, it would mean having a few VLAN with a router-interface for each.

Each virtual interface would have VRRP enabled.

When I try

ifconfig vlan0 vlan 11 vlandev carp0

It gives me an error. Is there a way to do that?

Regards

Leo Goehrs
CTO

Work: +33 1 39 02 76 15
Mobile: +33 6 89 99 14 06
Fax: +33 1 39 02 01 51

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
IM: 10257254 (ICQ)

Alionis <http://www.alionis.net>
15 rue de la Paroisse
<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=15+rue+de+la+Paroisse%2CVersailles+78000%2CFra