> Andreas Bihlmaier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I know of two solutions:
> > 1.)The best thing to do is switching to a PTY (alt + ctrl + F1)
> > and then pulling down the lid, after opening it again go back
> > to you X terminal (alt + ctrl + F1)
> >
> > 2.) If apm IS enabled, Disable apm (perhaps even NOT starting
> > apmd is enough).  If apm IS disabled, enable and start apmd on
> > startup via /etc/rc.conf
>
> I would say the other way around.

whatever the situation is ;)  Could be he HAS apm activated and running, didn't
say it anywhere either way.

> 1) Enable apmd by putting the correct line in rc.conf.local (you
> can copy and change apmd.. from rc.conf). Reboot and then try
> again.
>
> If no success.
> 2) Report bug. Use messy workaround (switching to text console)
> until bug is fixed.

On my X40 everything works just fine suspend to ram and suspend to disk, but I
have read about a dead X server after suspend a couple of times and it is REALLY
not a problem to switch to a console before suspending!

If it can be fixed it would be nice as well, but I'm already happy as is :)

Regards,
ahb