Lars Hansson wrote:

Our ip addresses are assigned from TWNIC, even though we're not actually in
Taiwan, so that's probably why. The CIDR blocks in question is 203.65.244.0/22
and 203.65.248.0/22.

# cb findip 203.65.244.1 203.65.248.1
Netblock 203.64.0.0/14 is in country TW (TAIWAN)
Netblock 203.64.0.0/14 is in country TW (TAIWAN)

Yup, looks like.  Sorry, Charlie.  Take a flight to Taipei and snuff
a spammer or scriptkiddie, if everybody does that TW can be put back on
the "Civilized Net Nation" list.  Arguments that US contains the most
spam lords will be directed to /dev/null, I invite anybody who wants to
to fly to Miami and snuff the top 20 archspammers too.  Sorry, I don't
feel like unblocking Taiwan and watching my logs fill with SSH scans,
there's nothing I care about in Taiwan enough to do so.  Alternately,
find an ISP that is not so braindamaged that they get netblocks from
another country.  For a third choice, use tor or find a proxy that
is in a netblock that is not allocated to one of the following
countries:

# cb showcc
Blocked countries:
AO (ANGOLA)
BJ (BENIN)
BF (BURKINA FASO)
BI (BURUNDI)
KH (CAMBODIA)
CM (CAMEROON)
CF (CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC)
TD (CHAD)
CN (CHINA)
CD (CONGO, Democratic Republic of (was Zaire))
CG (CONGO, People's Republic of)
CI (COTE D'IVOIRE)
DJ (DJIBOUTI)
GQ (EQUATORIAL GUINEA)
ER (ERITREA)
ET (ETHIOPIA)
GA (GABON)
GM (GAMBIA)
GH (GHANA)
GW (GUINEA-BISSAU)
HT (HAITI)
HK (HONG KONG)
IR (IRAN (ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF))
KE (KENYA)
KP (KOREA, DEMOCRATIC PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF)
KR (KOREA, REPUBLIC OF)
LA (LAO PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC)
LB (LEBANON)
LS (LESOTHO)
LR (LIBERIA)
LY (LIBYAN ARAB JAMAHIRIYA)
MW (MALAWI)
ML (MALI)
MR (MAURITANIA)
MZ (MOZAMBIQUE)
MM (MYANMAR)
NA (NAMIBIA)
NE (NIGER)
NG (NIGERIA)
PK (PAKISTAN)
PS (PALESTINIAN TERRITORY, Occupied)
RW (RWANDA)
SN (SENEGAL)
SL (SIERRA LEONE)
SG (SINGAPORE)
SO (SOMALIA)
SD (SUDAN)
SZ (SWAZILAND)
TW (TAIWAN)
TZ (TANZANIA, UNITED REPUBLIC OF)
UG (UGANDA)
VN (VIET NAM)
YE (YEMEN)
ZM (ZAMBIA)
ZW (ZIMBABWE)

Note:  anybody from any one of these countries, the same goes for
you.  Again, sorry.  Don't complain about it, just go kill your
spammers and scriptkiddiez and all is forgiven.  I recommend cudgels,
impalement on the stake, or forced immolation.

It's not that great to have an obenbsd store that is inaccesible from a large
part of the world though?

I don't intend to host this for one second longer than I have to.  I'm
already uneasy, it's already showing up on Google and I imagine that
it's going to get slashdotted at some point if it goes much further.
This is not going to be "live" on my home DSL connection, it's going
to be hosted somewhere else with a real Net connection (preferably
openbsd.org), or it's going to go quietly away after I'm done beta-
testing it, the end.  You'll probably be able to access it then.

--
(c) 2005 Unscathed Haze via Central Plexus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I am Chaos.  I am alive, and I tell you that you are Free.  -Eris