hmm, on Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 02:03:46PM -0600, Theo de Raadt said that
> It saddens me; appears that at least some newer IBM laptops have removed
> the legacy APM support.

apparently all the notebooks/laptops are dropping apm sooner or later.
my first toshiba did not have apm at all, and it was a 2004 model..

the second one has apm, but no hybernation, no sleep, just some
"light sleep", and the battery meter is not working...

so having apm can be just as useless as not having at all ;-)

before buying it's a good idea to try a bootcd...
of course most of the selling staff will not allow this.
or one might look for dmesgs on the internet before buying
a particular model.

-f
--
i'll mention you on my organ donor card.