On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 22:10:53 -0400
Jason Dixon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Oct 17, 2005, at 8:59 PM, Damien Gardner Jnr wrote:
> [ Redirecting back to misc@ where this belongs ]
>
> > From: "Ken Gunderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > To: <pf@benzedrine.cx>
> >
> >> I'm having some issues w/an Intel PRO/1000 MT Dual Port Server
> >> Adapter
> >> in an OBSD-3.7 firewall.  The card is in the pci-x riser on one of
> >> these puppies;
> >> Dmesg complains the "The EEPROM Checksum Is Not Valid".  I've tested
> >> the card in a Winblows machine and it works.  Any insights as to what
> >> is going on here greatly appreciated.
> >
> > We had exactly the same problem with dual and quad versions of
> > these same
> > cards - we ended up swapping to PCI cards and changing the
> > motherboard to
> > something with enough PCI slots to support all the cards..  :\
>
> If this is the case, I'm glad this became public.  I'm about to fork
> out for some of these.  Can anyone suggest any specific Gig-E dual
> port cards that work well with 3.7-3.8?  Vendor recommendations welcome.

I also know a guy who has 4 port version of this card on OBSD-3.7 and I
am also pretty sure it's in a 1U server- so it's probably indicates a
pci riser. I'm wondering if this is something specific to the Tyan
B5151??  These are pretty popular units so I would think others would
have run into similar issues if it were the server hardware.

I've gone through the BIOS and turned everything off so as to minimize
potential for any irq conflicts but it's still no joy.

--
Best regards,

Ken Gunderson

A: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?