On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 09:19:19AM +0000, nemir nemirius wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One of my clients is a major bank.   We need to exchange data a few
> times a day at different intervals,  and they're insisting that we
> initiate the VPN on demand with relevent traffic.
>
> It works from their end.  Tunnel is down, they send a ping,  first
> packet is dropped as the tunnel is brought up,  subsequent traffic
> reaches its destination.

> Is it possible? Can you who me how?

OpenBSD won't do this for you. Can't you wrap whatever sends the data in
a script that sets up and tears down the relevant tunnel?

(You *could* write a daemon to listen on a tun/tap-style device,
dynamically manage the tunnel and forward traffic. But that's quite a
bit of work.)

                Joachim

--
TFMotD: CPANPLUS::Module::Fake (3p) - class for creating fake module objects
http://www.joachimschipper.nl/