On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 18:32:24 +0100
Gaby vanhegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 16 Oct 2005, at 15:47, Wijnand Wiersma wrote:
> > I thought scponly has chroot functionality builtin.
>
> Yes it does, and you can't link outside of that chroot.  Also, you
> have to setup the chroot to have all the files you need, but there is
>
> a script provided to do this.  There is a port available on my site:
>
> http://vanhegan.net/software/
>
> Although I don't have an up to date version.  The ports download on
> there would let you build a version for 3.7 or 3.8 quite happily.

I believe that scponlyc has a possible root exploit caused through a
race condition, there's a mention of it in one of the readmes, generally
it's not a good idea, shame though as numerous people get problems with
passive/active FTP transfers.

--
Regards, Ed http://www.usenix.org.uk - http://irc.is-cool.net
A TCP/IP stack was the worst feature windows ever got