> You're kidding, right?

Nope.. Apparently I suffer from lack of sleep, and GDB syndrome,
I looked right at the crash line, and didn't even pay attention
to what was above it. My apologies for that - didn't even notice
it.

> You were asked to send a ps and a trace. You sent "what you
> thought was required", which was not what was asked for.

See above.

> You were told by a developer that what you sent was not useful.
>
> And now you whine that life is unfair and you are oppressed.
>
> If what you are after is a shiny, happy computing experience
> with a loving and dedicated support staff there to coddle
> your every partial bug report and politely ask you for more
> information and refer to you as Sir or Mr. Wolfpaw, you are
> using the wrong OS.

Not really - my point still somewhat remains - I was not
claiming things should be all shiny and nice, but honestly,
I would submit that if someone tries to submit a bug report,
and may be doing it wrong, hostility isn't required - a
simple - hey your not doing this right.. might be more
conducive of a positive response from folks that have not
submitted a crash report before. That's all I was trying
to point out - I admit I made an error in not reading
the screen fully.. But not realizing that, I would say
its fairly understandable to see why one would get a hostile
response from someone who doesn't realize they have committed
a taboo.

> Quit feeling sorry for yourself. If you truly want to help,
> recreate the crash, send a full bug report chock full of
> useful and required information, and go on with life.

No idea what caused it, so its not possible for me to recreate
it.. As I said before, if there is other information (such as
ddb.log) somewhere on the machine that I can send in, I would
happily do so.

> crash(8) may be a useful read.

Agreed

D.