On 10/24/11 17:29, Zantgo wrote:
What happens is that usually we talk about unified and synchronized to the
manual, but I have not seen anything about the packages, then my question is,
I can use packet-release snapshots?, ie have my
PKG_PATH =.../snapshots/packages.

Zantgo

If you're asking if you can use -release packages with -current, then in a word, no.

If you are running -stable (which is -release + patches), you can use the precompiled packages or build them yourself. (Note: packages for 5.0 won't be available until after Nov. 1st, so if you get your CD set early, you either have to wait or compile them yourself.) This info can be found in the FAQ.

If you are running -current from source, update the ports tree source at the same time and compile them yourself. If you are running a snapshot, download the ports tree for that day and compile them yourself. This info can be found in the FAQ.

Go read the freaking FAQ -- it's there for a reason -- instead of sending these silly emails. Or better yet, do as others have suggested: install OpenBSD on a spare machine and play around. Read the FAQ again and again before spamming the list (even) more, wasting everyone's time. You are either dense or just not listening.