On 10/26/05, Chris Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Running 3.8, 2 nics, 1 statically assigned, and the other using dhcp.
> Problem is that resolv.conf is always overwritten. Using
> resolv.conf.tail doesn't help as the information is just tacked on at
> the end of the dhcp supplied information.
>
> How can I prevent the overwriting of resolv.conf?

First I tried the advice on

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq6.html#DHCP

------------------
No matter how you start the DHCP client, you can edit the
/etc/dhclient.conf file to not update your DNS according to the dhcp
server's idea of DNS by first uncommenting the 'request' lines in it
(they are examples of the default settings, but you need to uncomment
them to override dhclient's defaults.)

request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers,
      domain-name, domain-name-servers, host-name, lpr-servers, ntp-servers;

and then remove domain-name-servers. Of course, you may want to remove
hostname, or other settings too.

Thant didn't work for me :-(

Now My /etc/dhclient.conf looks like this

----------------
initial-interval 1;
send host-name "caleb";
request subnet-mask,
        broadcast-address,
        routers,
        domain-name,
        supersede domain-name-servers 172.17.1.10;

Now this works for me.

Hope This helps

Kind Regards

Siju