Jonas Carlsson wrote:
In what ways will I suffer if I simply re-enable null mounts to bring some discspace from /home into my apache chroot on a much smaller /var partition? I've used this solution without problems for a few versions.

Maybe you won't suffer at all, maybe you get corrupted file systems and/or system meltdowns. If the latter, no one here will be willing to help you out since what you've done is officially unsupported.

When I used it things went bad when unmouning the nullfs's, but that was a long time ago.

If at all possible, and it most likely is, try to find another way. I store files at /var/www/users/<user> and symlink ~<user>/www to it. Possibly move the entire home dir into the chroot.

/Alexander