(description of why it can't work deleted for brevity)

> Now, your "bridge" should bridge this dhcp-packet from one interface to the
> other? That doesn't work: its sending this packet out through that
> interface, it can't send it out on all other interfaces.

So there's no solution?  I see now that the packet flow doesn't support it,
but logically it  does make sense to want an IP from that DHCP server
to be given to the other interface, after all any systems hanging off that
interface *will* get an address from the DHCP server on the other
side of the bridge, so why shouldn't I?  There has to be some way
around it?  Some pf re-routing trick?  Is dhrelay/dhcprelay my only option?

Graham